Peter Francis, Senior lecturer in sport and health, discusses the interaction between nutrition and exercise and how both can be manipulated to optimise body composition (bone, muscle, fat) for health and performance.
● What are bone, muscle and fat at a basic level?
● What is a calorie? Are all calories the same?
● Adaptation to exercise, how does it work?
● Does the type and timing of exercise make a difference?
● What are carbohydrates, proteins and fats? How much do we need?
● Pulling it all together, how do we modify exercise and nutrition to optimize adaptation?