IUAA Indoors Championships
On Friday 8th Feb. the Irish University IUAA Indoors were held in Athlone AIT arena.
David Kenny(CIT) continues his great season in race walking when he won the 2000m Race Walk in a time of 7:40.10.
Rossa Foley (IT Tralee) was third in the 16Kg WFD with a throw of 7.59m.
Munster Juvenile U9 to U11 Indoors
The Munster Juvenile U9 to U11 Indoors was held in Nenagh Indoor Stadium on Sat 9th Feb..
Ryan and Isaac Vickers were competing. Ryan in the 60m, Long Jump and 500m with PB's in the 60m and Long Jump, while Isaac competed in the 60m, Long Jump, Shot Putt and 600m. He was a very good 2nd in his heat and his time was good enough for a bronze medal.
Munster Junior / Senior & Masters indoor C'Ships
Also over the weekend was the Munster Junior / Senior & Masters indoor C'Ships.
In the race walking David Kenny won the U23/ Snr. 3000m in a time of 12:08.59 which was a new champion best time.
Mike Connor was second in the O65 masters category in a time of 18:06.32. We will have the other results next week once published by Munster Athletics. Well done to everyone
Gneeveguilla AC hosted their Valentines 5K in Killarney on Sat. 9th Feb. With over 120 participants,
George McCarthy was 7th overall and 2nd in his age category.
Maria McCarthy had a good run following a long spell away from racing when she was 3rd overall lady.
Shauna McCarthy was first Junior Girl,
Samuel Scoorpe won his age category and Brendan Lynch also ran well.
Barcelona Half Marathon
Arthur Fitzgerald competed in the Barcelona Half Marathon. This was Arthur's first attempt at this distance. He did very well to finish in a time of 1:18:10. Well done.
See athletic Ireland website for full details
17th Feb. – Endurance Course- Westlodge Hotel, Bantry, Cork
1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th of March- Level 1- Tralee Harriers AC, Tralee.
- Juvenile Indoors on Tuesday in the Sports Hall Farranfore from 6pm to 6:45pm. Open to all registered juveniles aged 8yrs (Born 2011) to 12yrs (Born 2006). €2 per session.
- Secondary School / Senior training on Thursday's at 6:30pm in GAA grounds Farranfore. This is endurance build training. €2 club member, €4 non club member .
- Maria's Strength, Endurance & Flexibility Exercise Classes on Tuesday at 7pm in the Sports Hall in Farranfore. €5 per class
- We welcome new members to come along to training and try it out. If you are happy you can register after two sessions. See our website for full details.
- Fri 15th Feb: Munster Schools XC, Waterford Sports Campus, Carrignaore.
- Sat / Sun 16th/17th Feb: National Senior Indoors, Indoor Arena Abbottstown
- Sat/Sun 23rd/24th Feb: Munster U/12 to U/19 Juvenile Indoors, Nenagh Indoor Stadium.
- Sun 24th Feb: County Junior/Snr./Master Roads 5K, Kenmare, 10:30am
- Sun 3rd Mar: Munster 4mile Roads, Dundrum Co. Tipperary
- Tue 5th Mar: Munster Schools Indoor Games, Nenagh Indoor Stadium
- Sat 9th Mar.: National Schools XC, Clongowes Wood College, Co. Kildare
- Sun 10th Mar.: National Masters Indoors, AIT Arena
- Sat 23rd Mar: SIAB Schools International XC, Dublin
- Sun 24th Mar.: County Juvenile 'B' Sports Hall Games, Milltown
Please contact club secretary, Mary, 085-1909509 to register for competitions in advance
See Kerry & Munster Athletics website for full fixture lists & timetable for events.